Friday, March 14, 2008

Southwest Turkey Tacos

This is a quick and tasty meal that is also perfect for Weight Watchers.

1/2 chopped onion
1 lb. lean ground white turkey
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can Rotel cilantro and lime diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
lettuce
chopped tomatoes
salsa
fat-free shredded cheese, if desired
whole wheat flour tortillas

Saute onion, add ground turkey and cook until done. Add taco seasoning and 3/4 C water. Mix in Rotel and beans. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve as soft tacos.

Weight Watchers Points: 6 per taco

I am thrilled to make something leaner, healthier and still have it taste delicious. This satisfied my Tex-Mex craving. Annelise said it was like a fiesta in her tummy, so I think she liked it.

2 comments:

silken said...

this sounds good!! will have to give it a try...who can beat a fiesta in the tummy! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.