Friday, October 12, 2007

Chicken in Wine Sauce

This recipe is from Paula Deen and it's truly dee-lish.

4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
6 oz. Swiss cheese slices
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/4 cup white wine (more if desired)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup herb-flavored Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix, crushed
4 T (1/2 stick) butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in shallow buttered casserole dish. Layer cheese on top. Mix soup, wine, salt, pepper; pour over cheese. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 45-60 minutes.

Serve with salad and a green vegetable. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this - it looks yummy! Thanks for the link to the recipe!

Ipseity said...

One of my all-time favorite recipes, and one that I love to whip out on short notice. Beware- husbands/kids/neighbors will request that you make tons of this at once so it can become lunch for days afterwards! So easy, soooo good!

Anonymous said...

This is such a good recipe. I love making it. and eating it too!!!

J Starbuck said...

this is such a great recipe, unfortunately, my doctor put me on a low-fat diet, so I we can't make it often as we would like. It was great to make in a pinch though.